Skip to main content
How to Service a Diesel Engine or Generator | DHY6000SE, DHY8000SELR, DHY8000SELR-T or D400E, D450E, D500E Engine
- Change the engine oil after the first 20 hours, then every 100 hours.
- Use SAE15w40 diesel engine oil
- Check the oil level daily. (These machines tend to use a small amount of oil, so it is important to check and top up daily if required).
- Oil filter- remove the oil filter and wash in solvent at every oil change.
- Replace after 300 hours use.
- Replace the air filter after 300 hours use.
- Replace the fuel filter after 300 hours use.
- Check the valve clearance after 1000 hours use. Valve clearance: 0.10 -0.15mm
- Check all nuts and bolts regularly.
- Check wiring to ensure no loose wires and that all cables are routed correctly and secure.