- Fill the tank with a pre-mix of fresh unleaded petrol and semi-synthetic 2-stroke oil.
- Switch engine ON/OFF switch to ON.
- Pump primer bulb 6 times.
- Move choke to ON/START/CLOSE position.
- Pull start until engine fires or tries to start.
- Move choke to OFF/RUN/OPEN position.
- Pull start until engine starts.
- Let engine warm up before using full throttle.
Machines with a soft easy start recoil do not need to be pulled very fast. The spring-loaded recoil will spin the engine at a higher speed as it releases.